End-of-year tax returns: you’re in safe hands

Whether you are a sole trader, partnership, a limited or private limited company, a club or an association, James Bell & Co can help ensure you are fully meeting all your legal obligations by helping you prepare and submit your end-of-year tax return.

However, you should be aware that, for us to complete your end-of-year tax return, you need a professionally prepared set of annual accounts.

Most of our clients ask us to prepare their annual accounts, prior to preparing and submitting their end-of-year tax return.

Of course, to prepare annual accounts, there has to be some degree of bookkeeping – a service we also provide, along with preparing and submitting your quarterly VAT returns.

HM Revenue & Customs is continually increasing its resources to ensure that individuals and businesses are complying fully and declaring all their taxable income.

If you would like further information about bookkeeping, VAT, annual accounts or professionally prepared end-of-year tax returns, contact us, today, 01292 288 531 or info@jamesbellca.co.uk. Free, friendly, expert advice, guaranteed!


End of Year Tax Return FAQs

HM Revenue & Customs will send you a notice telling you when your end-of-year tax return is required. However, it is your responsibility to notify HM Revenue & Customs if you have a source of untaxed income.
Paper-based end-of-year tax returns must be submitted by 31 October, and online end-of-year tax returns must be submitted by 31 January, following the end of each tax year (5 April).
We will submit your end-of-year tax return online, accompanied by annual accounts, if requested.

It depends on whether you’re an individual, partnership or trustee.

End-of-year tax return forms can be sent using:

– the free HM Revenue and Customs service

– commercial software

No, but if you’ve been sent a Short Tax Return to complete, you can choose to file the full end-of-year tax return (SA100) online, instead.
We use the attachments feature to send supporting information with your end-of-year tax return, for example, copies of accounts, calculations and details of any Capital Gains.