Corporate accounts: handled with confidence

All UK private limited companies must file corporation tax returns, every year. For most clients we offer an integrated service. This starts with providing bookkeeping and VAT returns throughout the year, leading on to the preparation of end-of year accounts prior to filing your corporation tax return.

Our end-of-year accounts service includes:

  • A Balance Sheet listing your company’s assets and liabilities, at the end of the financial year
  • A Profit and Loss Account summarising your company’s sales, expenses and the profit or loss in the financial year
  • Notes to the Accounts, including more details of fixed assets, directors’ remuneration, and transactions with directors
  • A Directors’ Report
  • An Accountant´s Report

Once your end-of-year accounts are signed off, we prepare and submit your corporation tax return.

Clubs and associations are also required to file corporation tax returns, with properly prepared accounts attached. Our goal is to ensure your company meets all its legal tax obligations and avoids late penalties.

As part of our service, we will also ensure your corporation tax return makes the most of any tax allowances and other options which could minimise your corporation tax liability.

If you would like to talk to an expert about your corporate accounts, contact us now on  01292 288 531 or, for free, friendly advice.


Corporate Accounts FAQs

Your corporation tax return normally covers a 12-month corporation tax accounting period that aligns with your company’s 12-month financial year.
Your corporation tax return must be filed within 12 months of the end of the relevant corporation tax accounting period.
Your corporation tax payment is generally due nine months and one day after the end of your corporation tax accounting period – before your corporation tax return is due. Companies with profits greater than £1.5m pay corporation tax in instalments.
Your corporation tax return is based on the profit and loss shown in your annual accounts, but these need to be adjusted to allow for the different way in which corporation tax reliefs and allowances are treated. We can provide you with all the advice you need, and make all the appropriate adjustments.
All corporation tax returns must now be filed online. We can handle all aspects of your corporation tax return submission.

Although you can file your corporation tax return yourself, most of our clients choose to let us handle the process. As well as dealing with the complexities of preparing your accounts and filing your corporation tax return, we can ensure you are making the most of corporation tax allowances and reliefs.

First, you get an immediate electronic acknowledgement that your corporation tax return has been received. Nothing gets lost in the post. The corporation tax filing date is later, your tax is worked out for you, and any money you are owed is repaid quickly.
You must inform HM Revenue & Customs within three months of starting trading. As part of this, you must give HM Revenue & Customs your financial year-end. HM Revenue & Customs uses this information to let you know when you need to complete a corporation tax return. We can provide all the help you need to successfully achieve corporation tax registration.
A private limited company is required to file annual accounts within nine months of its Accounting Reference Date (ARD). Again we can handle the submission for you.